Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Bo-Dacious - "Bass" 12" (1991)

Hey, long time no share. After months of technical issues keeping me from sharing a lot of great music and music history, I've finally found a solution that will allow me to get back into full swing. I hope I haven't lost any of you readers in the interim. 


This song "Bass" is a late-era Electro track by a mysterious artist named Bo-Dacious who only released one other song - these two tracks making up the entirety of Rhythm & Blues Records' catalog. "Bass" is pretty funky, and a bit on the unusual side, which places it pretty much right up my alley. The lyrics warn of both the allure and the destructive nature of cocaine, and I'd like to think of this as the weird offspring of Alan Vega and Melle Mel.

2 comments: