Search This Blog

Monday, May 18, 2009

05/17/09 Wizard Radio Setlist

well.. after a week in the forest with my mom, my cat and dogs and a lumberjack.. i made my triumphant return to the big city in time to do my usual sunday set.

pretty laid back today, but got some nice tunes on the air:

Kermit The Frog - "Bein' Green"
Young Marble Giants - "Wurlitzer Jukebox" (follow after the jump to hear this)
Spyro Gyra - "Pygmy Funk"
The Kentucky Colonels - "How Mountain Girls Can Love"
White Rainbow - "Waves"
James Brown - "I Can't Stand It '76'"
Out Out - "Techno Is Alive And Well, Techno Has Left The Building"
The Statler Brothers - "Ruthless"
The Orient Express - "Train To Bombay" & "Caravan Of Silk" (this record NEEDS to be in my collection soon... totally amazing)
The Warlocks - "Zombie Like Lovers"
Billy Paul - "Black Wonders Of The World" (JUICE sampled this for "black" on All Bets Off)
Richard Leo Johnson & Gregg Bendian - "Jesus On A Tire Swing"
Richard Harris - "What A Lot Of Flowers" (awesome song for this season)
Mouthus - "The Driftless"
Fleetwood Mac - "The Sun Is Shining" (this is early stuff Peter showed me, when they were pretty much a straight blues jam band)
Steve Miller - "Chocolate Field" & "One For You"
Instant Funk - "Slap, Slap Lickedy Lap" (I need to stop playing this one so often)
Small Faces - "Song Of A Baker" (by request! how exciting..)
Brooklyn Friends - "Play" (pretty awesome latin house music.. glad to have this in my collection)
Environmental Sound Collapse - "My Robot Beat Up Your Honor Roll Robot"
Leon Redbone - "Big Time Woman"
Alec K Redfearn & The Eyesores - "The Perforated Veil"
The Heavenly Five - "Do All I Can (part 1)"
Barry White - "Never Gonna Give Ya Up"



No comments:

Post a Comment